Marketing collateral primarily refers to the collection of materials, printed or content of electronic media, used to support or enhance the sales of products or services. For any business, big or small, new or old, having printed marketing collateral is very crucial, especially if the project is going to be a gaining business. These materials will help you make connections, promote your business and educate your customers.
Printed marketing collateral comes in various forms: we have business cards, flyers, brochures, note cards and demonstration scripts. Now having marketing collateral is one thing, and actually staying organized with your printed marketing collateral is another. Organization is vital. For you to substantially fulfill branding, marketing and have long term retention of your brand, you have to get organized with your business sales materials.
Often, your business will be judged based on the consistency, relevancy and the overall quality of the collateral materials you present to customers. Therefore, here is how you can ensure organization of these materials.
– First and foremost, before printing out any of your marketing materials, ensure that you have the correct information typed. Any piece of information you include in the materials should be relevant and one that will help push sales for your products. Know the goal behind your campaign and incorporate it in every type of printed materials. You can however decide to customize each type of material differently.
– Once you are done with typing all the information required, do not yet rush to print out; proofread for any errors, mainly grammatical. A simple overlooked mistake can help ruin your business reputation.
– Choose the right colors and fonts for your materials. Also, the colors should not deviate a lot from your brand’s main colors. Do not print out boring business cards, or create messy-looking folders.
– Use literature racks to help present and professionally organize your marketing collateral. This will make them attractive and easily accessible to your clients.
At this juncture, let us assume you are organized. Now, why is it important to have your printed marketing collateral in organization?
1. They give an impression: Your marketing collateral is more than often the very first impression your clients will have of your business. Therefore it is important that you have all materials organized and neat. Some clients are not very patient; they will immediately lose interest once they find you in a messy state.
2. They carry the brand: Your materials will speak volumes about your brand. Therefore, however you present them is the same manner your clients will perceive your brand. Be organized, stay relevant and ensure clarity.
3. They help you look the part: Let us say your company deals with home designs and decors. Then one day a client visits your business office, and the first thing that hits their eye is how disorganized your literature stand is. Yet you always advertise of how you can make homes stylish, beautiful and organized. It just does not add up, does it? You have to look the part.
4. They will push for sales: If anything, this would be the reason behind creating the marketing collateral in the first place; to boost productivity. Hence, having them in a disorganized state will mean that your mission will not be attained and you will only have wasted resources. For maximum attention and productivity, have your materials in organization.